FAQ: HK IRD requires signature & small corporation Audit

Thinking of starting your new business in Hong Kong and lacking new business ideas?

Skip to content

Startupr is working with a CPA firm to ensure all requirements of your Hong Kong company are fulfilled. Here is an example of Q&A of a client who asked whether it is necessary to get audited accounts if the overturn is less than 2,000,000 HKD and if signature of the director is required.

Q: Hi, do we need to sign the annual return (something like electronic signature) & proceed with the auditing if my company has over turn just a few hundreds of HKD?


Sorry, no electronic signature/ copies is allowed by IRD, HK Company Ordinance & audit standard requirements.   As Startupr is your company secretary, we can sign and file the tax return on your behalf first. IRD accept filing of tax return without audited report since your company is a small corporation (gross income for the period not exceed HK$2,000,000), but IRD has the right to request for it anytime.  You may sign the audited report when you are available.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.


Startupr is not a CPA (Certified Public Accountant, registered HKICPA – Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants) firm. CPA services are provided by independent CPA firms.

Startupr is merely acting as an agent in connecting your company and the CPA who has agreed with us that they will provide auditing services. In no way is Startupr acting as a CPA firm or providing auditing service in any way and your solicitor-client relationship is with the CPA and not Startupr. CPA is independent of Startupr and is not an employee of Startupr.